Translate

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Deadsong is No Longer Mine

I've had this unshakable sadness since my book has passed from my hands (and soon into yours). It's been almost a year since I started writing The Deadsong, and I've become quite attached to the characters and the colorful locales within the world I've created. It's a place where I've gone to play and to observe. My time spent in fictional Arlo County, Tennessee, has come to pass. But what I saw there and the people I met there have become immortalized in 300 pages of prose. I can go visit anytime I like, and that's a pretty cool thing (for those of you who think I've gone completely crackers, well, you might be right). But, more importantly, now I can take YOU, the reader, there. Come Sunday, I can share everything with you. You can put it in your pocket or purse and take it with you. And hopefully, it'll be just as fun for you to read as it was for me to write. A very special thanks goes out to all my friends and family for their unwavering support.

No comments: